Cellulite causes that lumpy and dimpled look of the skin, which is anything but pleasing to look at. Women are more prone to cellulite than men, and it shows more on whiter skin. While there are many surgical ways and laser treatments to get rid of cellulite, there are two aspects that matter the most in the long run – diet and exercise. In this post, we will talk about foods to eat that are best to help cellulite.
- Green tea. This contains something known as theobromine, which helps in releasing stored fats. Rich in antioxidants, green tea is the ideal drink and a great replacement for those flavored colas. Don’t like the taste? Add a few drops of lemon and honey!
- Whole grains. You have to reduce your intake of refined carbohydrates if you are serious about losing fat and cellulite. Instead of white rice and bread, you can go for oatmeal and brown rice. The idea is to increase the amount of processed carbohydrates, which are harder for the body to digest.
- Dieticians and health experts suggest including the considerable amount of omega-3 fatty acids in the meal plan, and if you don’t have other choices, salmon is an ideal pick. The presence of antioxidants helps in breaking the fat cells, which helps in weight loss. Also, it will help in repairing skin tissues and will stay in the stomach for a longer time, and that ensures you don’t crave for smaller meals.
- Sunflower seeds. Known for being a great source of Vitamin E, sunflower seeds can keep you full for a longer period. The presence of vitamin B6 ensures that the proteins are metabolized faster than usual. Also, it helps in repairing the connective tissues and will also help in reducing water content from the body, which helps with bloating, as well.
- Extra virgin olive oil. Contrary to what many people believe, olive oil is healthy for the body, despite being a fat source. It helps with thyroid function, and therefore, your metabolism rate will be regulated. It also energizes the cells that are involved in building skin, which can help with cellulite reduction. Extra virgin olive oil should be cooked at lower temperature, and at best, you can use a few drops in your salads.
Other foods you should eat
One of the best foods for cellulite is hummus and dark chocolate. Look for chocolates that are 80-90% dark. Dark berries and apple cider vinegar are also on the list. Apple cider vinegar can flush out toxins from the body, besides suppressing the appetite. Asparagus, oranges, cayenne pepper, grapefruit, garlic, watermelon and bananas are some of the other foods that can help with cellulite.
More than anything else, you have to ensure that every meal has lesser carbohydrates and more protein. Reduce your intake of processed and junk foods and do have at least four liters of water each day. Also, you must exercise for one hour daily, at the minimum, which is as important as dieting.
Author Bio – David C. Klink has been writing about cellulite for more than 10 years.